Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Sharia Chamber

Sharia law is spreading as authority wanes

Sharia, derived from several sources including the Koran, is applied to varying degrees in predominantly Muslim countries but it has no binding status in Britain.

However, the BBC Radio 4 programme Law in Action produced evidence yesterday that it was being used by some Muslims as an alternative to English criminal law.

Think it can't happen in the United States?

When I flew in to the island of Espiritu Santo in The New Hebrides islands in the 1960's, I had to choose whether to be ruled under the laws of France or of Great Britain (before 1980 it was a British-French Condominium government). Since the French hated Americans, I chose to be ruled by British law (but I spent all my free time at the country-French restaurant).
It's already starting in Great Britain.

Be careful what you vote for (watch out for the Democrats' shift towards greater multilateralism).

No comments: