Friday, October 04, 2013

"I want you to know that I am willing and able to continue on the mission to save this great nation. Thank you, Lord, for this second chance."

Boy, when you've been following Jim Hoft's Gateway Pundit blog for years as I have, you feel like you know the guy. I actually did get the great privilege to go to a wonderful event at the Skirball Center in Los Angeles several years ago where he was one of five bloggers featured on a panel of bloggers which included the awesome Daniel Greenfield of Sultan Knish.

Anyway, reading the following made me cry for several reasons. It's so hard to imagine someone so obviously good going through so much pain. And, having been on the cusp of possible macular degeneration for several years, I can attest to the high degree of fear (and now Jim's reality) attached to losing any of your eyesight can bring, ESPECIALLY when your identity (public or private) is connected to your relationships online.

As an only child, I have to admit that I am envious of Jim's strong family ties--perhaps because, unlike my husband who is also an only child, my parents found me in the Children's Home Society which was created in the 1800's in Los Angeles...in other words, an "orphanage".

As a blogger, I am also aware of the much smaller contribution that I make, but that will just have to be whatever it is...I do what I can like all of us in this country who have seen the terrible changes that we are witnessing in this great country of ours. I know that we are, of course, partially responsible for this due to many of us not paying attention or not being aware that there has been a one-hundred-year attack by Progessives (ever since Woodrow Wilson) that was intended to eliminate all of the freedom that we were so blessed to receive from the sacrifices of our Founding Fathers.

But, really, you need to read Jim Hoft's post because HE IS BACK!!

READ MORE

No comments: