Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Public health care...YIKES

Another little reminder from an Australian friend's newsletter:
...years ago I refused to take out family private health insurance because [my daughter] was born with PKU so the ‘family’ insurance wouldn’t cover her.

So I opted to use the public hospital system for my hernia op only to be told the waiting list is between 2 and 4 years.

Quickly changing my mind about the public system I saw a consultant surgeon within 24 hours and I’m being carved open this coming Thursday. Then recovering in an $840 per night hospital bed. At that price I hope breakfast is included :)
This is going to be our future here in the United States [and there are a million stories out there like this one and worse] unless Mitt Romney gets elected and repeals Obamacare.

No comments: