Sunday, May 10, 2009

OPT OUT

I was, once again, going through that pile of junk in a hall nook (or is it a cranny?) since hubby finally turned his sights on My Stuff as I predicted he would when his own bout of Spring Cleaning Fever abated.

I'm an info junkie and found a precious piece in a July 22, 2007 L.A. Times (not subscribed anymore) article about how to "opt out" of all the junk mail and stuff we are drowning in.

Now, I immediately had a moment of panic when I realized that here was--yet again--another piece of paper I couldn't bear to part with (although, to be really honest, I hadn't used it to opt out of anything because it's been in that pile since 2007).

Voilà! "I shall put it on my blog" came a voice in my head. Then I shall always have access to it until that day that, ceasing to bear my relentless reports of The One's foibles and treasons, the big "G" will erase this blog (G-d forbid).

And then: I shall post to you, my faithful readers, about how I am vigilant about providing you all with great information because I believe in...whatever.

Well, of course, it was for me...but can you use it? If so, just scroll down to this new category right under (for now) the big red-white-blue "OSH*T" logo.

(PS: I actually have used the National Do Not Call Registry and it works like a charm!)

No comments: