Friday, June 23, 2006

Clinton/Carter cabinet members want preemptive strike against N. Korea

This is very interesting--isn't preemption a dirty word these days?

Former V.P. Walter Mondale, and former Secretary of Defense William J. Perry have both advocated preemption against North Korea.

"This is such a legitimate thing for the United States to do...the nature of the threat is so serious that I think we should knock it out right there if they won't stop."

"...if you're getting ready to fire this, we'll take it out."

Both Perry and Ashton B. Carter (former Assistant Secretary of Defense during Clinton's first term) want Bush to launch a preemptive strike against N. Korea because "diplomacy has failed."

"U.S. Rejects Suggestion to Strike N. Korea Before It Fires Missile"

But...what if this intelligence turns out to be incorrect??? After all, we found out about the wretched state of the intelligence community the hard way didn't we? Why, Mondale and Perry would then be called liars would they not? If I were them, I'd just wanna safeguard my reputation for posterity; I'd just keep my big trap shut! I mean, who wants to be called a liar? Not me! Screw protecting the damn people of the United States! Hell, most of 'em are here illegally anyway.

No comments: