Sunday, March 18, 2012

Star Trekked

Commencing Countdown.. .

Phasers on!

The Iranian Ambassador to the UN has just finished giving a speech and walked out into the lobby of the convention center where he was introduced to a U.S. Marine General.

They shook hands.

As they talked the Iranian said, "You know, I have just one question about
what I have seen in America ."

The General said, "Well, anything I can do to help."

The Iranian whispered, "My son watches this show called Star Trek and in it there is Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, Uhura who is black and Sulu who is Japanese, but no Muslims.

My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Egyptians, Palestinians, Saudis, Syrians or Pakistanis on Star Trek."

The General laughed, leaned toward the Iranian ambassador, and whispered back, "That's because it takes place in the future."


No comments: