Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Which film contains the most famous striptease in the history of the movies?

From Sam Kashner’s Vanity Fair interview with Sophia Loren, 3/2012:
Their incredible electricity is perhaps most charged in the wonderful 1963 film, Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow —De Sica, again, who had a genius for bringing out his actors’ comedic gifts. “My mother, Marcello, and De Sica were all from the South,” Edoardo explains. “In Italy, Sophia Loren was known as a comic actress; before Two Women, there were many comedies. De Sica saw that and brought it out of her. Let’s not forget my mother is Neapolitan, and Neapolitans have comedy in their blood. The taxi drivers of Naples are comic geniuses! They are amazing, the way they perceive the world.”

The film contains the most famous striptease in the history of the movies, and the sweetest.
READ MORE


1 comment:

~~Robert said...

I have enjoyed di Sica's films. "Bicycle Thief," and "Umberto D" are two of my favorites. I cannot recall when I have watched Sofia Loren in a movie; but, I have enjoyed her in the past.

However, she never appealed to me as greatly as she is portrayed in the piece. A fine actress, funny and sexy. But, I did not at all recall the famous scene.

~~il Roberto