Saturday, September 08, 2012

Windows on the World...a poignant, small surprise

I was just going through some cookbooks to see what I wanted to have my husband take to the swapmeet. Even though it's mostly electronics (and requires, interestingly, a ham radio license in order to be a seller there), he finds that my old cookbooks are really hot sellers!

In a book published in June, 2001, I just now found a recipe from the restaurant in the World Trade Center (Windows on the World) for "Roasted Wild Turkey with Cornbread-Bacon Dressing".

This book is a collection of recipes from various restaurants, most of which are in the Los Angeles (or Southern California) area except for a few, like this one.

It calls for a 12-14 pound Turkey so my husband, who wants me to save this book because of it's symbolic value, asked if we (me) could make this for Thanksgiving!

I woud try and type it out for you, but it's awfully long and that would probably be a violation of the book's copywright. Oh well.

Sadly, I'll bet that this recipe died with all of the people who were victims on that horrible, fateful day: September 11, 2001.



No comments: