Thursday, August 31, 2006

Letter from a friend

No, now that I know my grandson is joining the Marines, I don't feel any different about the war. I have no doubt at this juncture that if we pull out of Iraq that Israel will be overwhelmed and destroyed by the Islamofascists surrounding them. I also believe we owe the people in Iraq support until they either stand on their own or join the terrorists against us in mass numbers. I can't forget the huge number of Iraqi people that risked their very lives to vote for a democracy. I believe in Bush's position and his premise that people want to be free. I believe there are many people who are terrorized into not speaking out about their desire for freedom but it is still there. These are the people that need our support most desperately.


It takes me a long time generally to adopt a stance on a particular issue. I have to consider all the information available before coming to my own conclusion. I am not one to faint at bad turns. I just remember how close we came to losing World War II and how many mistakes, miscalculations, bad decisions and out-right stupidity in underestimating the enemy occurred at that time. I also remember those Americans that were defeatists then, just as I know in every war there are those who are pessimists, gutless, selfish to maintain their own status quo, etc. I think about God's instructions to his people to leave those negative people at home during a time of war because they badly affect everyone else’s morale. I am not a person tossed to and fro by every wind that blows. If we allow Israel to be defeated, we too will eventually be defeated. It must not happen.


There is the factor that my grandson may die. He and I have talked about why he has chosen to join the military. He understands the issues and what is at stake. He understands death. He knows that war is not glorious and that many soldiers survive maimed for life. He insists this is something he must do. I respect his decision. My father made the same decision during World War II at the age of 19. My mother's father joined up to fight in World War I as did all of my grandmother's brothers and cousins. Many Americans have fought and died for our country and for those in other countries wanting to be free. Each person must take their own stand and make their own decisions.


I hate war. It is simply horrible. So naturally, I want to see those who MAKE war against others for the purpose of ruling over them, stealing their land, wealth, etc., stopped. If we don't do it, who will?


The Democrats of today and anti-war folks are self-defeating pessimists. They are yellow-bellied wimps that can't stand up against bullies. They can’t tell the difference between the bullies and their victims. They are treasonous, narcissist, selfish people. They can't discern right from wrong and have no allegiance to anything but themselves. Guess that about says it all for me.


Nothing I know of at this point is going to make me change my position. The only fear I have is that the Democrats gain the presidency and the legislature. They already control most of the educational, media and judicial systems and those entities are really screwed up. Honor, honesty and justice are words they don’t seem to care about.


Love ya,


Judie

No comments: