Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pastor Hagee receives a bomb threat

Glenn Beck:
One of the guest speakers at Glenn’s “Restoring Courage” event and the leader of Christians United for Israel received a note this morning telling him “There’s a bomb set to go off unless you withdraw your backing of Governor Rick Perry. So I’d stay away from all ministry offices.” Glenn was shocked, but it turns out this wasn’t the worst threat he’s had to deal with.

“There was a man who walked into my church during a Bible study. It was on a Wednesday night, and he came in. He was carrying a loaded six‑shooter, and he walked to the front of the church and he roared like a wild animal and said, ‘I’ve come to shoot you to prove that Satan has more power than Jesus Christ.’ And I held up my Bible and said that this book says that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. And he became infuriated and said, ‘I’m going to kill you on the count of three. Get on your knees and beg for your life.’ I said, I will not because the Lord is my protector. And he said, ‘I’m going to shoot you on the count of three.’ He lied. He started shooting on the count of two. And he emptied the gun at me from a distance of eight to ten feet, and by the grace and mercy of God missed every shot. He ran out of the building, he was knocked down, apprehended, sent a few days later to the asylum for the criminally insane. Ninety days later a team of psychiatrists pronounced him ready to take his place in society and he went home and immediately climbed the highest tree in his backyard and hung himself,” Hagee told Glenn.

“And this, this bomb threat is coming because our church went to Houston, Texas Saturday and participated in the prayer service that Governor Perry called for us to pray for a nation in crisis, and that entire service that lasted from 10:00 in the morning to 3:30 in the afternoon was apolitical. It was nothing more than prayer, repentance, fasting, calling out on God to help America and to help break this drought in Texas. And here someone who’s from out of state sends this threat because I will tell you that prayer infuriates the ungodly,” Hagee added.
GlennBeck.com

No comments: