Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Is there a Psychologist in the house?


I remember when I used to draw clothes for my Mom to make for me--fancy stuff too, not your everyday junk--and then later, in fashion design school in downtown Los Angeles (7th and Broadway) making patterns from scratch or draping fabric over my very own Dress Form.

I so wanted to be able to afford to buy the beautiful clothes coming out of Paris just like the beautiful stars in Hollywood always wore. Haute couture in the 1950's and 1960's was something to aspire to, to dream of, to covet.

But, sadly, it is not that anymore. What it is seems to be an indulgence of the designer, in this case British designer John Galliano for French fashion house Dior and not something to dream about or aspire to.

But hey, if someone's making money from this stuff, someone's got to be shelling out the dough for it! (God, wouldn't you love to know who the heck these people are and if they look as weird as these clothes?)

No comments: