Monday, September 02, 2019

Brilliant Cambridge mathematician debates leading atheists around the world

From a friend:
I think I have may have mentioned John Lennox to you once before.

He is a brilliant mathematician who studied in Cambridge and is still on staff there.

His main focus these days is as a Christian apologist and debates many of the leading atheists all over the country, in fact around the world.

Many of the debates are surprisingly at leading eastern universities Harvard,Yale etc.

This particular address [video below] is at the University of North Carolina and it is not a debate, which I found actually better because he gets to present a full uninterrupted explanation about the factual basis for his faith.

It’s rather lengthy but once I began watching I was caught up in his clear deep thinking and reasoning.

When I first became a Christian it was based pretty much on simple faith and while there was a deep seated unquestioning conviction of my conversion, I still felt like I wanted more evidence to back things up.

I think of the scripture where it says be ready to produce a defense of what you believe.

Sometimes I feel too simple an explanation, at least for some people, means everything is a blind leap of faith and there’s not much basis behind it.

I know it’s not my role to convince or argue someone into believing but I do think the more you know, it does strengthen or in some ways flesh out your belief.

I like knowing more, rather than ducking or trying to ignore the hard questions for which I don’t have credible answers.

This is a fairly intellectual presentation but I’m sending it to you anyway..........kidding of course!
GOD: FACT OR FICTION?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0xyapiZ2pM




No comments: