Friday, May 04, 2018

Mr Caputo did something very unusual yesterday. He named names.


The Process is the Punishment (As Always)

by Mark Steyn
Steyn on America

There have been exciting developments in the "Russia investigation". There always are, because that is the nature of open-ended money-no-object investigations. But, to me, the most interesting development was the testimony of Michael Caputo, who appeared just before me on Tucker Carlson's show last night. Mr Caputo was, briefly, a very minor Trump campaign aide - and so his life has been destroyed. As he told the Senate Intelligence Committee yesterday:
In 2009, my wife and I moved to my hometown of East Aurora, New York to have a family. Making far less money back home, we had a far better quality of life. That is, until the Trump-Russia narrative took off. Today, I can't possibly pay the attendant legal costs and live near my aging father, raising my kids where I grew up.
Your investigation and others into the allegations of Trump campaign collusion with Russia are costing my family a great deal of money – more than $125,000 – and making a visceral impact on my children.
That's chump change for most senators and their vast entourages - and barely a rounding error in most of the budgets they approve. It's also considerably less than, say, my own legal bills after the scofflaws at CRTV broke my contract and put me through a year of "binding arbitration" that Cary Katz and his sleazy business partners ("Governor" Pete Wilson of California, etc) are now refusing to be bound by (having lost the case). But, for most Americans, 125 grand in legal bills for a case you're not even a party to is a big chunk of change.
And somewhere or other is a guy for whom blowing, say, 75 grand on lawyers is catastrophic, and they're trying to turn him to sell-out Caputo so they can turn Caputo to sell-out whoever's next up the chain. And they've got all the time in the world to bleed you dry.
Mr Caputo did something very unusual yesterday. He named names - or at least one name, from the Gulf Emir-sized retinue that attends each senator:

READ MORE

No comments: