Thursday, November 06, 2008

Barack Obama: The Superior Santa Claus

Moochers Are Real Winners In Election '08
By MICHELLE MALKIN | Posted Wednesday, November 05, 2008 4:30 PM PT

Sorry to break the bad news to Joe the Plumber. But the winner of Campaign 2008 is Peggy the Moocher. No matter who moves into the White House, Peggy has good reason to do a happy dance.

The plain, ugly fact is that both major political parties are committed to spreading the wealth in one form or another. It's all just a question of how much and how quickly.

Who is Peggy the Moocher? She's Peggy Joseph, a voter in Sarasota, Fla., who exulted earlier this week at a Barack Obama rally that this was "the most memorable time of my life."

Why? As she told a Florida reporter on a YouTube video that has been viewed by hundreds of thousands: "Because I never thought this day would ever happen. I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage. You know. If I help (Obama), he's gonna help me."

You can't blame Peggy the Moocher for viewing Obama as the superior Santa Claus. With a relentless messianic campaign, a grievance-mongering wife touting him as the country's soul-fixer and a national infomercial promising to take care of every need from night classes to medical bills to rent and fuel-efficient cars, Obama effectively channeled Oprah Winfrey's Big Give.

"Everybody gets a car!" "Everybody gets a car!" And gas. And mortgage payment!

Read the whole thing!

1 comment:

One Little Sheep said...

Gosh, I must be wrong!!I thought Obama was Santa Clause. Yesterday on the news I saw that American school children were sending him letters with all the things they wanted from him. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that Santa's job? Guess I'll start my list, I have about as much chance as everyone else of having my dreams come true...none now.